Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Day is It?


Love hubby. He is a good man. But sometimes, I must admit, he's a little thick.

Last night he came in pulling off his tie and dumping his wallet, cell phone, keys, notes, etc. on the kitchen counter. He was beat.

"What's the plan?" he asked half-heartedly.
"The girls and I are getting ready to head off to cheer," I reported, scooping up my purse and keys.

"Tonight?"

"Yes, why?"

"I didn't know you had cheer on Monday nights," he said, rolling the idea over in his mind.

I looked at him hard.

"Honey," I said, wearily, "we've had cheer every Monday night for four months. It's Monday, Tuesday and Thursday."

"Huh. I only thought it was Tuesday and Thursday," he mused.

"Nope. Well, gotta' go. Love you," I called as I bolted out the door.

As I pulled out of the driveway, my cell phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me (hubby). What time do you get home?"

"Eight- like every time we go to cheer," I reported.

"Well, what about dinner?"

Okay- has this man not been living in our house? We have had this same routine for at least four months. And every Sunday night I review the week's activities and include this as part of my calendar. We always grab-and-go on Monday nights. There is no such thing as "dinner." I'm floored that he's having such problems grasping this.

"Well, honey," I begin. "We usually grab sandwiches and then the girls have a snack when they get home."

"Oh. Okay," he said. After a pause he asked, "So, did you fix Keith and me some dinner?"

I didn't answer.

"I guess that's a no, huh?" he asked.

"I'll see you at 8:00," I sang as I hung up.

This morning I came up with a complete calendar for the man. Then I e-mailed it to him and asked him to sync it with his calendar.

We'll see if he remembers cheer tonight... After all, it is Tuesday...

No comments: