Thursday, May 8, 2008

Career Day


I am amazed I am able to walk without tipping over! My head is so swollen with pride it barely fits through the doorways!



My youngest child had Career Day today. When you ask a group of Kindergartners what they want to be when they grow up, there's no telling what they will say.



One little girl had particularly high aspirations and stated she was going to be a Medical Missionary. Huh. I don't remember knowing that there was such a thing until I was at least in High School.



My precious daughter said she wanted to be a Mommy. I pressed a little, asking, "Do you want to be something else, too? You can be lots of different things AND be a mommy..."



"Nope. Just a mommy. They work really hard!"



So we set to work making sure she had all the appropriate Mommy Gear:



  • Cell Phone

  • Mini Van Keys

  • Calendar (which she said was in her PDA/Cell Phone)

  • Grocery List

  • To Do List

  • Comfortable Shoes

  • Cute, comfortable matching outfit

  • Baby stroller

  • Baby

  • Diaper Bag

  • Sun Glasses

  • Obligatory Ponytail in Hair

  • Water Bottle

  • Snacks

  • Debit Card

Needless to say, she was quite the hit. The Medical Missionary worked on her baby. The Army boy ate her snacks. And the Dance Teacher borrowed her cell phone.


And I- well, I got to take the young, tired "mommy" out for milk shakes after school- even if I could barely get my head through those McDonald's Golden Arches.

1 comment:

ThePrincessMommy said...

You should be so proud! You have set an awesome example for your family!