Wednesday, April 23, 2008

At Your Service


So I'm supposed to be a) mowing the grass or b) painting my son's room or c) cleaning the house. I have chosen d) none of the above.


I have the most horrible time with motivation. I can look around and see everything that needs to be done- and just not care. Well, that's not true. I love how my house looks and feels when it's clean and neat. But I just don't like being the one to clean it.


Sometimes I feel like I was actually destined to be royalty- or at least, very, very rich. I really need a full time maid, a full time cook, a personal assistant, a personal trainer and a chauffeur. (OK- I'd just settle for for a part time maid.)


I want someone to do dishes & laundry. Then I want to work from the corners in to clean baseboards, floors and fixtures.


My hubby says my "problem" is that I have inherited a gene that causes me to stack. I'd have to say he's kinda right. Papers, mail, boxes, books- all get stacked (neatly) on the kitchen counter, the bed in the spare bedroom, the office, the dining room, etc. I know exactly where everything is- until dear hubby "helps" by "cleaning". Suddenly, my stacks are shoved under and into things- leaving the space cleaner, but valuable information missing.


My dream would be to have someone follow me around and pick up and clean up after me all the time... Wait, that sounds familiar... Oh, yeah, It sounds like a mom... Oh, that's ME.


Oh, well. I guess I'll go back to my list above. I'll start with A and go from there... Maybe I'll get a maid for Mother's Day (hint, hint...). And maybe, hopefully, I'll even get some motivation...


1 comment:

ThePrincessMommy said...

I was going to call, but I didn't want to interrupt!!