Sunday, April 6, 2008

Joy in the Every Day


The other day my six year old said something that absolutely amazed me. She said, "Mommy, when someone goes up in space and they are up there for a while, how do they get back home, if the earth is always turning around the sun?"


Brilliant!


All of my children have said amazing things over the course of their lifetimes that makes me think, "Wow! My kid is amazing!"


That's not to say they haven't said things that were erqually frustrating.


When I told the same six year old that she would need to rinse her hair after washing it, she looked up at me and said, "Duh!" I wanted to pinch her nose off. But instead, I just smiled and said, "Let me know if I can help."


I love watching them learn and grow. Seeing their papers come home from school, each day a new progression, is so much fun! My six year old was actually reading in church today. I never thought that day would come!


It's hard watching them make mistakes. Sometimes it's a choice they make regarding behavior; sometimes is a friend they choose or don't choose. But I know each lesson helps them as they journey through their life.


I hope they never lose their desire to learn new things. I hope they continue to grow and I hope they are always blessed and grateful and full of joy and hope.

No comments: